* Some restrictions apply
The Prodigy is one of the latest and most intelligent brake controllers available from Tekonsha. This powerful electric brake control features motion sensor technology similar to what's used in the aerospace industry. No manual level adjustment is necessary, it adjusts itself to varying terrains as you drive. It is equipped with a sensor that detects the tow vehicle's rate of deceleration, applies proportional braking to the trailer, and features an exclusive "Boost" feature that gives users the ability to apply more initial trailer braking power (especially when towing heavier trailers).
- Special Notes
- Product Description
- Manufacturer: Tekonsha
- Part Number: 90885
- Voltage: 12-Volts DC
- Proportional brake control
- Reverse battery protection for both vehicle and trailer
- Works with electric over hydraulic brakes
- 360° vertical rotation of mounting means more flexibility on where you put the Prodigy P2
- No-level, no-hassle installation and setup
- Controls the electric brakes on trailers with 1-4 axles
- Exclusive "Boost" feature
- Even operates while backing up
- Unique pocket mount system
- Digital voltage readout
- Continual diagnostic checks for proper connection, shorted magnets and more
- Quick disconnect harness plug
- Includes 3 ft. wire harness, pocket mount, mounting bracket, wire connectors, bracket screws, owner's manual, wiring instructions and instructional DVD
- Backed by Tekonsha's limited lifetime warranty
For backing into tough spots, this is the only inertia control that works proportionally in reverse. A digital display depicts voltage delivery to the trailer during braking and displays continual diagnostics checks for proper connection, shorted magnet condition, open ground, and much more.
A unique pocket mount allows for flexible mounting options. Tekonsha Prodigy also includes a 3ft. pigtail connector for ease of connection when using a vehicle's brake control wire harness. A quick and easy disconnect feature allows you to remove the control when not in use and store it out of sight and out of the way.
The Tekonsha Prodigy meets National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) regulations regarding tow vehicle/trailer light activation. It also comes with a limited lifetime warranty (some conditions apply).
A circuit breaker is required when you don't use a vehicle specific wire harness:
20 Amp Circuit Breaker - For 1 or 2 axle trailers
30 Amp Circuit Breaker - For 3 or 4 axle trailers
Be the first to rate this item!