The Engager™ Trailer Breakaway Kit
Trailer breakaway kits are required by law in most states on any trailer rated over 3,000 lbs GVW. The Engager trailer breakaway kit is perfect for most trailer applications since it will engage the brakes on up to 3 trailer axles.
The Engager Breakaway Kit Instruction Manual (.PDF)
- Special Notes
- Product Description
- Activates trailer brakes upon separation from tow vehicle
- 5 amp hour 12-volt battery
- Handles brakes on 1 to 3 trailer axles
- Built-in battery charger
- Built-in battery meter with LED test lights
- Required by law in most states and in Canada
- Breakaway Kit exceeds D.O.T. Regulation 393.43 (d)
- Includes mounting screws, breakaway switch, breakaway cable, breakaway control box, and battery
This kit is easy to install. It includes the breakaway switch and cable and the breakaway box. The box includes a built-in battery charger, so the battery will be kept fully charged whenever the trailer is connected to the tow vehicle. Your vehicle will need to be set up to include an auxiliary power wire in the receptacle.
The built-in battery tester shows the condition of the included battery at the push of a button.